Submitting Your Own Separations.
It is becoming more common for customers to submit their own separation
work to be engraved from. Here is a quick guide as to how best to submit
your designs for engraving.
N.B This page is designed for people who
have completed separations and require their designs to be engraved very
- It may seem obvious. But make sure
that someone has checked your separation work. Check overlaps and repeat
- When sending separations for engraving,
please try to include as much detail about the design as possible eg
repeat sizes, drop, engraving width etc.
- Ensure centre is correct. Alternatively,
ensure centre is clearly marked on hard copy.
- Resolution is important. The higher
the resolution the finer the detail you can achieve in your designs.
As standard 254 dpi (10dpmm) or 508 dpi (20dpmm).
- Send hard copies (printouts, films)
of your separations.
- Include clear pitching details.
- Generally Tiff files are most commonly
used for engraving tones and Stork MST files are used for engraving
flat colours. Either way we support a number of different file formats.
Click here for file format listing.
- Separations can be submitted via E-mail, CD, DVD or Ftp.
If you need anymore information on submitting
designs for engraving, then don't hesitate to contact us..
J.S.H. Laser Ltd © 2000